Welcome to Sparkle class (Year 1)
A very warm welcome to Year 1 and SPARKLE class where
‘we all sparkle due to our unique personalities’.
I am Miss Timperley and my team includes Miss Lord, Miss Rawlinson, Mrs King and 27 amazingly enthusiastic children. We are all eager to achieve new goals through a fun and faithful learning environment.
So far this school year we have really enjoyed investigating and exploring our new curriculum. We have journeyed along our path of faith to learn all about different families and how we are all one big family belonging to God our Father. We have explored our natural world through the local environment, creating 3D artwork, learning common flower names and locating local places of interest. Whilst exploring our new maths scheme (Maths No Problem), we have found the wider exploration of place value really exciting and we have loved the practical approach to learning new skills in lots of different contexts. Yick, our resident alien, has been helping us with our phonics skills, giving us a new 'alien' word to read every few days!
- P.E kits need to be in school every Monday
- Let’s be a book worm! Reading even one page every evening can make a HUGE difference and children receive rewards for each time they read at home so encourage your child to share their book with you
- Reading books will be changed every Tuesday and Friday (please note that books will only be changed once your child has read through them confidently. Therefore could we please request that you make a note in your child's reading record every time they read to you at home. This feedback really helps us to support your child's reading development and of course, their enjoyment.)
- Spellings will be sent home every Friday for your children to practise, ready for their spelling 'quiz' the following Friday morning. They will be linked to your child's Phonics learning in school.
- Homework projects are given out every half term and their due date for completion is always written on the front cover (this is usually the Monday of the last week before the half term holidays)
Spring 1 Homework Log
Spring 1 Newsletter
Spring 2 Homework Log
Spring 2 Newsletter